The Quill Of Inspirations. 4th Scroll

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, WRITE them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Everybody is an artist. Everyone has different art to offer. I am an artist with strange art to offer. I believe in I am. I believe in illustration through visual and articulation. I believe expression is inevitable. -Ryan I am still learning about myself everyday.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

What Is Life All About ?

A friday evening. A cozy house with smooth bouncy leather sofas. A group of people with the same goal. A cell group it is, everybody came from all over the place; regardless of the traffic, distance and their own convenience. All with the same goal, to discover the purpose of life or what is life all about?. We watched a Dvd that comes with the program, it was Rick Warren giving an introduction about the program. Anyhow, after the Dvd, Pastor Michael took to the next agenda, where he briefed about the first chapter of the study guide.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
--------------------------

He threw the question to the floor. "Has anybody here previously thought about what life is all about or why on earth am i here for?"

That! made me weight the matter in my mind with thoroughness and care, searching the memory bank of a faulty device up in my head. I scanned my life as if i was watching a movie of myself growing up in stages. All different things that i got engrossed in at different stages through my life up till current.

I am afraid i haven't thought about life before i was a believer. I was just too busy. I was an easily excited boy. The world was full of wonders, so i try to learn about anything that i find interesting. When i found something, i won't let it go for a period of time. In this period of time, i would fill my mind with just that thing. Most of my life was spent on a chair in front of a computer playing different games all the time. All i do is play, play without care for anything else. All i thought of was the game, it was just me in my game- completing quest, gaining higher levels that i may learn new abilities or obtaining more gold for ridiculously amazing items.

If you ask me for a favourite, it would be Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Rule; Baldurs Gate, both Shadow of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. I have never travelled so deep in a game. I entered the place people call 'The Zone'. 'The Zone' is like an imaginary plane where gamers went deep enough to lose his awareness of his current state and became one with the character. A person in 'The Zone' would respond " I bet the dragon did it, hold on, i'll get rid of her " when you scream to his ears that the house is on fire. *True story*

It was said life without purpose would seem tiresome, unfulfilling or even uncontrollable. To think of it, i think my life back then was not unfulfilling. I was having 'the time of my life' with all the endless entertainment. I have been used to life being uncontrollable, it was almost a fact to me that i can't control everything. To add to that, everything around me that time was a big mess. However, i think i would agree with 'Ryan of the past' that life that time was tiring. I was throwing all my strength and focus into games, sports or whatever entertaining items for consistently a certain period of time. I don't think the word tiring is strong enough to illustrate that lack of power. Perhaps, exhausted. Life was the furthest thing from boredom though.

I know it's not a really building post, nothing to be enlightened about. Nothing to prove. Just what i thought is most interesting that should be noted for today.

------------------------------------------------
To Reader, (if any)
What do you think life is like for you? What on earth are you here?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dude,
Regarding on your question,

What do you think life is like for you? What on earth are you here?

Sometimes I did felt that life is stagnant, boring and worthless..

Its tooks sometimes for me frankly, to think abt life or to let go the good stuff..most of the times good things last a short while and the bad things last longer..knowing tht its from HIM who test our Faith.,as nature human being we tend to be skeptical.

And tht sometimes dragged me to last for a week or so. Oh well tht life....We are here for a Purpose.
To do HIS job. As the verse says that, For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works.For which GOD has prepared in advanced for us to do. Esp 2:10

Sound familiar dude..yeah got it from the memory verse. meaningful verse.

Keep it goin bro...

~Joshua~

11:02 PM  
Blogger Chew Don Ryaniquel said...

Joshua,
Thanks for your comment.

I have never thought of life that way. But i guess it is to some people. Usually, a person that feels life as stagnant, boring and worthless tends to suicide. Considered that option before?

*Note: Do Not Try This At Home or Anywhere On Earth*

Curi memomy verse.

Found your purpose yet?
No? Call 1800-RickWarren for more further information. :P

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don Ryan,

Pessimistic answer:
to always have to deal with all the S**t coming towards us. To realise everyone has problems that can only be dealt alone. To discover that bad things happen to good people. Worse still, to find out human love is hard to maintain and does not last.

Optimistic answer:
to learn and grow daily. =p

Yours,
-Yaphe-

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,
Regarding on the options b4..I did think of tht b4 tho...,I used to takes Panadol like 10 pills evry 2hrs for 5 times. so total 50 pills altogether.

At tht time,I was really really Bored wif lifes.....totally. Don noe wat to do. So I was thinking if I takes and go soundly when I was sleeping isnt it nice..

In fact its nice feeling, high and drowsy.Den u sleep...but everytime I wake I said shit..why am I able to wake up. Den I take another 10 another 10 ....,

So I did try b4..comes to think of it..its rather stupid. But if given a chance I would like to try again...*evil grin*



*juz kidding dude for wanna try again.


Keep it goin bro


~Joshua~

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home