The Quill Of Inspirations. 4th Scroll

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, WRITE them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Everybody is an artist. Everyone has different art to offer. I am an artist with strange art to offer. I believe in I am. I believe in illustration through visual and articulation. I believe expression is inevitable. -Ryan I am still learning about myself everyday.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A New Shackles, Job - An Old Friend

The rotting potato that lives in my room is finally getting a job. Wait~ Yes, it is confirmed, he got the job. By the way, that's me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just think about it. A new job, a part of the life cycle somewhere everybody has to go through. An old friend begs to differ, it can be seen from his living style. He doesn't study, he doesn't work, he just plays computer, eat, sleep, read comics. I have no clue to what he has been through, not a bit except for these words he said to me "by avoiding the path of generating negative emotions for both parties, isn't that the best path? by avoiding conflict there would not be any need for resolving conflict . and since i know that if my point of view on alotta controversial matters influence other ppl , it will just mean if anything goes wrong , i'll be the scapegoat rite?"


It seems like a path with absolute no purpose. Well, actually the closest purpose i can see is avoiding, hiding, escaping, running away from something. Clearly, fear drives this kind of life. I took the liberty asking him over for lunch, preparing pasta, spaghetti. I hope to enter his state of mind, to understand the situation and hopefully advice and help him.

He is a person who made impact on my life. When i was a little kid, running around town innocently doing nothing but reading magazines and playing computer games. This guy has been doing things above his age, he was mature. I looked up to him, i consult him and sometimes i yearn to be like him. Many stages in my life, he kept me going, we grow together in Christ. In fact, i attend the church he first attended, but sadly he no longers attend it. I pray with all my heart he comes back to God.

May the King, Friend, Warrior and Mentor in me prove its worth.
-------------------------

On a another note, Teo helped me find a job. Many thanks to him, now i am hired. Hired and placed in Hewlett Packard, the only thing i know about the job is that i have to call singaporeans and offer them hardwares, i can imagine the fun and dreadful part of the job already. I have telemarketting background and i don't think they vary much. Wish me luck and hope i don't get fired too soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
Sad to see when someone so significant in our lives are no longer ahead of us, eh? I know how that feels. But I wish you all the best in trying to help him. Hope you manage to shake your friend up a 'lil. Congrats on the job though. Work hard for yourself and not your boss. Cheers!
P/s: I DO hope that this qualifies as a 'propper' comment to you, sigh...
-Yaphe-

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo ryaniquel,

Yup, i agreed wif Yaphe, that sad to noe tht some1 who is the so called'mentor' is now behaving like tht..,

Oh man, wat kind of lives does he lives in. Eat sleep, computer..usefully-unuse.

Wonder for how long can he tahan that kind of lives..,
Guess you haf to buy for him 'THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE' book dude..

Btw, wat his name again...will uphold him in prayer..

~Joshua~

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home