The Quill Of Inspirations. 4th Scroll

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, WRITE them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Everybody is an artist. Everyone has different art to offer. I am an artist with strange art to offer. I believe in I am. I believe in illustration through visual and articulation. I believe expression is inevitable. -Ryan I am still learning about myself everyday.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Crappy Island

For better or worse; wednesday past, not exactly a thrilling nor enticing as the name of the destination. I have travelled often lately in my holidays, and my latest destination is Crab Island, locally known as Pulau Ketam. Yes, the name of the island sounds delicious already ~ the oh so exotic seafood cooked by local island stranded chefs. What enticed me to sign up for this place is the thought that its an island, besides the company of my friends.

I have a rough imagination how this crab island might look like; brown stretch of sand with red and black crabs crawling all over the place. Having told by a friend later that the island was dirty, i added some details to the canvas imaginative drawing i hold on to. Some empty cans and bottles, plastic bags, food leftovers by the irresponsible public that might picniced there. A whole lot of stalls with Crab Island Souveniers. As soon as i board off the ferry and step on the jetty platform, i lift my head up, as i drag my eyes from the ground towards the highest structure i can put my view on. I see this :-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

then this,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At this moment, i am dumbfounded - just felt cheated. I march on, following the flow of the people on the platform that leads us all to a more lively part of the island. As i advance, the clearer i see how the contrast got more intense. In order that i don't trample towards the ground due to the excessive dissapointment, i try to take comfort in the lies i make for myself. However, no matter how good a liar anyone can be, lying to oneself never seems to work. The mind refuses to co-operate with the conscience, with denial especially.

Reality of crab island.

Crap

How bad can it be? The island cannot support crops if you observe carefully, decorative plants and flowers are all grown in pots and planter boxes. The reason is because the bes, the nature of the ground on the island is human waste, yes Crap!. This is not an exaggerated fact.

On top of that, the society lives about 2 metres above the 'wasteland' on a platform. 2 metres above a rotting goos. Even the crabs that live down there are probably outcast, the beautiful large ones were instead chosen to be served on lunch or dinner tables. Such is the life of crabs.

As a conclusion, Pulau Ketam is Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home