The Quill Of Inspirations. 4th Scroll

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, WRITE them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:3

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Everybody is an artist. Everyone has different art to offer. I am an artist with strange art to offer. I believe in I am. I believe in illustration through visual and articulation. I believe expression is inevitable. -Ryan I am still learning about myself everyday.

Friday, September 17, 2004

First Day Of Autumn Semester

I cannot believe myself. The first lecture of the semester, and bloody hell, I missed it - totally missed it by sleeping through it. When I realize the lecture was about to end in 10 minutes, I threw whatever I could see on my table, rush bathed, and flew straight to near campus ( I park somewhere far ). Then I run immediately for class, it takes some time. Then as I was running, I asked myself "Why do I run?" No one has ever really asked me that *including me*. I suppose that has to do with the fact that it doesn't appear that I run for a particular purpose. Which is, I have never been on cross country team, never been on a track team (was actually so close in getting in the short distance one though), and I haven't declare that I am training for any particular purpose although I do run in the park occasionally.

Well, the answer to "Why do you run" for me is not just one simple reply. For me there are many answers. In this case, its because I am on adrenaline rush - my whole body is tuned for maximum effectiveness in order not to miss class (besides the fact that i am already late). Its great on adrenaline rush, like getting "high"? Lol. You become a temporary super human; boosted eyesight, stamina, strength, agility..too bad it doesnt make u temporarily better looking. In the usual case, running help me de-stress, and straighten things out in my mind. I do my best thinking when its just me, my feet and the running track. The rhythm of soft tapping of the rubber on the track; the soothing, calming rhythm that brings me enlightenment. In the silent journey, I get to talk to God, think about HIS word, think about certain issues that requires mental effort.

That still does not answer the question as to why I run. There are the obvious reasons: to burn calories, to gain muscle, to improve my cardiovascular and all around endurance, to lower my heart rate, to gain more energy, and so on. But I also run for other people. People who would give anything if they could take just one more step. People who for whatever reason running is a luxury they do not have. For those who do not have much time left. I run for them. I run so that others know I appreciate simple things that they aren’t capable of.

I run for time. With each step that passes I come closer to my goal.Be it one mile or five. I run for me. I run because when I run Ialways reach my goal. It is the one thing that I do, and do efficiently. I run for those that I have left behind. I run for those that I love, or have loved. I run for those who have gone before me. Basically, I enthusiastically run to celebrate humanity and the ability to actually do so, for maybe in the future - i may not be able to run anymore but i will ever have the vivid memory of 'tHe RuN'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home